LoRa module forgetting configuration

One of my LoRa modules stopped working recently. While debugging the problem via the AT interface, I found that the module had forgotten all of its settings:

AT$NWKSKEY?
$NWKSKEY:
OK

AT$APPSKEY?
$APPSKEY:
OK

AT$DEVEUI?
$DEVEUI:
OK

So, I tried to restore the settings and in the AT command interface it looked like that might have worked:

AT$DEVADDR=26015936
OK
AT$DEVADDR?
$DEVADDR: 26015936
OK

However, upon resetting the device, all the settings are gone again:

AT$DEVEUI?
$DEVEUI:
OK

Has anybody seen this before? Any idea what could be causing the problem? Thank you.

-Jan

Hello Jan,
can you answer please these questions?:

1. Can you share the project code for Core Module which communicates with LoRa Module?
  2. Can you explain more detailed stopped working recently. For example it worked for days, weeks, years. What was the state of the battery? Did it stopped working after you replaced batteries?
  3. Can you send order number or date/your address when you bought the module? You can send that as a direct message instead of this thread.

Thanks

Hi Martin,

This particular device uses the bcf-lora-climate-monitor firmware, without modifications. The device had been working fine for about three months and then one day the LoRa module suddenly died. There were no resets or battery replacements and the battery is close to full capacity.

I poked some more at this today, inserted a bunch of debugging statements in the code, and found out that the LoRa module fails to initialize and the function lora_callback is invoked repeatedly with BC_CMWX1ZZABZ_EVENT_ERROR. I don’t have physical access to the device at the moment, so this is probably all I can do right now.

-Jan

Thanks Jan, I’ve send you an email with possible solutions/ideas.