Sigfox module availability

Hello,
will be Sigfox module available again? If not, is there some workaround? Like use some 3rd party module?

I also noticed that in documentation for CMWX1ZZABZ-078 which is used for Lora module is mentioned "This module can also support Sigfox by modifying the software. " but i suppose simply using Sigfox firmware will not work, am I right? :slight_smile:

Hello Michal,

we do not plan to manufacture and sell new Sigfox Modules. However we still have some stock of rev 1.2 which contains modem from TD Next. Do you have your own Sigfox backend account?

Hereโ€™s schematics with exact Part Number of the modem. The TOWER SDK supports also this modem.

Regarding the Murata LoRa Module - they claimed Sigfox support few years ago when they started to sell that modules, but officially Murata never published any firmware for it.

Workaround - if you get TD Next or Wisol modules /breakout board and wire it directly to the Core Module - it should work without an issue. There is just UART RX,TX, RST and power connected, no other parts.

Hello,
yes, I have my own account and subscription (after subscription which comes with module expired I migrated to my own).

I will contact you directly.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.