USB Connection to Core module on Windows 10 64 bit

Hi,
I am trying to connect core module to upload firmware on Windows 10 host but i cannot correctly init bootloader. DFU device is not in list using dfu-utils. DFU USB driver appears to be installed correctly.
Bootloader should be initialized by pressing and holding B button, then press and release R button and then releas B button.

Any help?

Thank you

Ondrej

Hello Ondrej,
did you install the USB DFU driver manually with Zadig (https://doc.bigclown.com/core-module-flashing.html#on-windows-10-64-bit-desktop) or did you use automatic all-in-one windows installer? (https://doc.bigclown.com/core-module-setup-windows.html)

Please try both ways and let us know if you have still issues.

Sorry for late reply, last week was very busy for us.

Best regards,
Martin

Hello Ondrej,

button sequence is OK.

If DFU driver is installed, then connected MCU (Core Module) with initialized DFU Bootloader looks like:

in Device Manager.

DFU Util then shows:

dfu-util.exe -l
dfu-util 0.8

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util@lists.gnumonks.org

Found DFU: [0483:df11] ver=2200, devnum=14, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=2, name="@DATA Memory /0x08080000/2*3Ke", serial="7EAF9D456D68"
Found DFU: [0483:df11] ver=2200, devnum=14, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=1, name="@Option Bytes  /0x1FF80000/01*032 e", serial="7EAF9D456D68"
Found DFU: [0483:df11] ver=2200, devnum=14, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="@Internal Flash  /0x08000000/1536*128g", serial="7EAF9D456D68"

Can you see “STM32 BOOTLOADER” in http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html while Core Module connected and DFU Bootloader initialized ?

Regards,
Michal

In case of DFU driver was not installed, MCU with initiated DFU Bootloader looks like:

in Device Manager.

DFU Util then shows:

dfu-util.exe -l
dfu-util 0.8

Cannot open DFU device 0483:df11

If you are in this state, you can uninstall ST driver and install required driver by C:\BigClown\usr\bin\dfu-driver-install.cmd or use C:\BigClown\usr\bin\zadig.exe to set WinUSB driver for STM32 BOOTLOADER.

If you can not see STM (with initiated DFU Bootloader by buttons) in “Universal Serial bus devices” or “Universal Serial Bus controllers” inside Device Manager, DFU Utils displays:

dfu-util.exe -l
dfu-util 0.8

then one of those options happend:
a) MCU is not in DFU Bootloader
b) MCU is not connected to USB of PC (e.g. deffective cable or connector)
c) USB subsystem of OS/PC has issues
d) MCU/HW is defective

Can you check with multimeter on HEADER connector that BOOT and RESET buttons works as expected please ?

Hi,
it looks like there were some issues with bootloader mode or maybe bad cable. I tried to connect core module last night again (same cable and pc) and it works fine without any further actions.
Answers:

1. Driver has been installed using all in one installer.
  2. After successful bootloader initialization is device shown in device manager as STM32 BOOTLOADER
  3. dfu utils now works fine and firmware has been uploaded.

Thank you very much for you support.

Hi,

thank you for info, it is great that it works fine for you.
In case of troubles or questions, do not hesitate to contact us please.

Regards,
Michal

Hello Ondrej,

I just replied to your email and then I found you have already resolved it in this thread. Thanks @michal.muhlpachr for assistance.

Anyway for future reference I have created a step list which might be more straightforward. You will find the link to PDF document here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5pXL_JAACMvZVhwLW9pVk9Fc1k/view?usp=sharing

Thanks. P.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Windows 10 compilation issue with sh.exe

A post was merged into an existing topic: Windows 10 compilation issue with sh.exe